Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Not ready to say goodbye


  
  I suppose I'm the queen of compartmentalization.  If you need to get through something I can teach you how to put your emotions in a box, seal them up and file them away indefinitely.  God only knows what treasures lie buried in my subconscious and God knows no one needs to know. Scary I'm certain!  I find myself in a very awkward place. Drippy tears eak out at inappropriate times and places. While watching commercials or looking at my children's photos I am overcome with uncontrollable emotion.  Not good for the Q of C.  I do have a lot to cry about of late, but haven't really been able to let it all come to the surface. That is until the news of the very sudden and unfortunate passing of comedian Robin Williams.  Isn't it funny how someone whom I never met, didn't really know at all, could cause a wave of uncontrollable grief to be released.  I lost my father in April to heart failure and cancer which seamed to rage in and deplete him in an instant.  Then in late July I lost my big brother to a drug overdose. I feel like these endings were an inevitable scene in a very heartbreaking film, but I just am not ready to say goodbye.  To watch the credits scroll up, with a large part of my life too...The End....it's almost easier to wail and scream for someone whose life story hasn't amputated my own.  I know I will have to open these carefully closed boxes sooner than later and really deal with my loss, but for now, I will pause the story.. I'm just not ready to say goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment