Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Washing Machines

Okay,  I am on my fourth washing machine in about four years.  No, I do not have seventeen children and I'm not running a laundromat out of my home.  I am the mother of three girls and a greasy, sweaty husband.  As frustrating as it is to kill three machines in as many years, they have all been hand me downs or yard sale finds, what's even worse is where my washing machine resides.  My garage is my laundry room.  Yes, the tool filled, overstuffed, smelly garage.  Did I mention I live in Arizona? It's 110 degrees.  If the laundry is not removed immediately from the washer and placed into the dryer it's mildew mayhem!  The latest death of my machine occurred this weekend.  It simply refused to spin.  It gladly filled, agitated, and drained but spin it would not.  Have you ever put sopping wet clothes into a dryer? Don't do it!  I was lucky actually.  My brother having just acquired a new high tech, low water, efficiency machine, was thrilled to donate his 1980 Maytag to our clan.  My husband and I walked our hand truck around the corner to his home, and at dusk wheeled our "new to us"  mustard yellow Maytag home.  It is 11:40 pm and my first load of laundry is done.  We will see how long this one lasts. 

1 comment:

  1. Hate that musty smell. I am doing the whole earth mother impersonation thing, though, and drying everything outside in the scorching sun. It makes my whites whiter...and everything else look like crap.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete